This 13 module (39 CE credit) course introduces nursing educators, scholars, leaders, and students to the theory, application, technical skills and process of integrating nursing informatics into nursing education and practice.
Practice includes learning how to customize the online environment to teach a selected nursing topic. The principles of learning styles, adult learning, virtual pedagogy, e-learning, lesson plans, portfolio development, document sharing, assignment and test development will be incorporated and applied to the customization of the online learning environment within a select course management system interface.
This course is personalized, self-paced and taken entirely online in the privacy and comfort of your own home or office.Enroll in NRED 103
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Understand and apply theory related to virtual education, virtual pedagogy, learning styles, portfolio development, adult learning, lesson planning, human-computer interfaces, collaborative interaction, and critical reflection.
- Explore the dynamics of planning lessons, portfolio development, online teaching and assessment within a customized online learning environment for nursing.
- Apply principles of critical reflection, collaborative activities, online teaching and learning within a customized online learning environment.
- Customize an online course management system to facilitate selected nursing education environment development.
- Practice lesson planning, assignment planning and execution, application of learning styles to content development.
- Explore the use of online learning environments for instruction, critical reflection, decision making, collaborative projects, and networking
- Plan and customize an online nursing education environment within a course management system.
- Apply, engage in and assess the utility of this online nursing education environment
Learners are assessed for their work on a variety of content-driven assignments including:
- Goal Setting
- Self Assessments
- Planning Tools
- Learning Space Development
Upon completion, learners will receive a Board Approved Certificate of Completion for 39 CE credits in digital format.
Tuition is only $199 USD. Once registered in our secure commerce area you can select the course and pay using PayPal (to process your credit card, bank withdrawal or e-check payment), Company/Institutional Check or Money Order to register for the course. Please note, if you elect to pay using e-check, check or money order, there will be a waiting period before enrollment, until the payment has cleared. Once registered, you will be manually enrolled to access the course within the learning management system, and your user name and password will be emailed to you. You can register at any time, since this is a 1 to 1 course and is done at your own pace. Click here to enroll in NRED 103 now!